Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people.
Our current scope of Salesforce is large and diverse. We have 10-12 internal customers and we also cater to some external-facing customer features such as enrollment of new patients. Our portfolio is divided into 3 main categories; Sales and Marketing, Post-sales Implementations and Enrollment. A successful person in this role would be one who wants to own and be accountable for the whole Salesforce ecosystem. This person will make architecture-level decisions and will also do some hands on coding/flows/process builders etc.
Check out our technical blog to find out how Virta is developing the next generation of healthcare technology.
- Design, build and support highly optimal technology solutions built on Salesforce.com (native and custom) that support business requirements.
- Evaluate, develop, deploy and support any 3rd party app exchange applications.
- Field reporting requests from both business and patient focused stakeholders.
- Integrate with and maintain internal Virta systems, WebServices, third party systems, and external tools.
- Work with Ops to automate recurring tasks, both reducing the workload for Ops and streamlining new patient onboarding.
- Create new and support existing Apex triggers, Apex classes, and Lightning Components.
- Help set and drive Salesforce best practices like maintaining and striving for data integrity.
- Coaching and mentoring junior Salesforce developers.
- Triage and determine root cause for production environment incidents and develop plan to address solution scale concerns.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Learn the lay of the land in terms of our Salesforce orgs.
- Understand the different business stakeholders and processes that Salesforce currently satisfies and the roadmap on where Virta Health is headed.
- Work with the product development leads to execute on a medium-sized (3-5 weeks) chunk of work.
- Take ownership of the architecture for Salesforce.
- 5+ years of Salesforce development experience
- Experience in advanced Apex programming including triggers and testing
- Experience in Salesforce architecture and data modeling
- Experience in Salesforce RESTful APIs
- Experience with EventBus and Pub/Sub APIs both in terms of Publisher and Subscriber interfaces
- Experience integrating third-party systems such as DocuSign, Calendly, IronClad, Marketo etc.
- Experience with reporting in Salesforce.
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs such as Google Calendar etc.
- Experience in designing and building solutions with Salesforce Lightning stack
- Experience in managed packages using AppExchange.
- Experience in making Salesforce constructs observable and monitorable.
- At least one of the following: Salesforce Certified Application Architect, Salesforce Certified Data Architect, Salesforce Certified System Architect, Salesforce Certified Technical Architect.
Nice to haves but not required
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry is a plus.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment methodologies with regards to the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Experience with tools such as BlueCanvas and Github.
- Experience with sfdx and sfdx project structures.
- Experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with Org-based, Package-based and/or Source-based development models.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
You prioritize positive impact over busy work
You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is $157,131 - $176,560. Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.