What if... We could harness the power of Flagship’s scientific platforms and create novel treatment options that benefit more patients, sooner?
Pioneering Medicines, a division of Flagship Pioneering, is building a world-class biopharmaceutical R&D capability focused on conceiving and developing life-changing treatments for patients by harnessing the power of Flagship's scientific platforms and applying those innovative approaches to serious diseases with unmet medical need. Unique to Pioneering Medicines’ approach is the opportunity to combine platforms to create truly novel and potentially transformative treatments.
About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Pioneering Medicines seeks a Drug Delivery Scientist with the pioneering spirit to champion the strategy, design, and evaluation of novel formulations of multiple therapeutic compounds. The position requires a proven track record working with complex drug delivery systems, with a strong emphasis on critical thinking, multitasking, and the ability to learn new techniques. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the relationship between formulation, chemistry, and cellular uptake.
This candidate will be responsible for supporting cross functional teams working with multiple modalities including nucleic acid therapies and gene editing technologies. The successful candidate will focus on all aspects of development spanning conceptualization, experimentation, data analysis, presentation, and strategic planning.
- Develop novel formulations of non-viral drug delivery products for multiple disease areas
- Develop special delivery systems for traditional modalities (eg. long acting injectables, high density mAbs, controlled delivery of oral products)
- Lead the exploration of next generation drug delivery modalities to support Pioneering Medicine’s portfolio
- Formulate nucleic acid cargos to support pre-clinical studies and analyses
- Evaluate in-vitro and in-vivo data from internal and external partners
- Identify optimal process technologies for production of LNPs and other delivery vehicles
- Investigate the stability and characteristics of drug products for pre-clinical and clinical use
- Work with cross-functional teams to build the development strategies of partner companies and external research organizations
- Represent Pioneering Medicines as a subject matter expert in drug product formulation
- Routinely document and present data to key stakeholders
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or relevant scientific discipline
- PhD with 2+ years, MS with 5+ years, or BS with 7+ years drug delivery experience
- Research and drug delivery experience in lung tissue is ideal
- Well versed with common LNP formulations, analytics, and best practices
- Experience in nucleic acid therapeutics and/or delivery is key
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Domestic and occasional international travel may be required
- Only candidates with demonstrated experience as described in the role summary will be considered
Values and Behaviors
- Great sense of urgency
- Entrepreneurial spirit, bold and comfortable with risk taking and uncertainty
- Mission oriented and dedicated to bringing breakthrough therapies to patients
- Fosters a growth oriented, high energy, and encouraging environment
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments in an assertive and positive manner
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.