Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're one of the top location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 2.6 MM active daily users in 243 countries and territories around the world. We're constantly pivoting as a company; since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks, stock options, and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Take a look at what Grindr has been up to lately! http://bit.ly/GrindrGrowsUp
Also, check out how we teamed up with The White House to combat inequalities faced by the LGBTQ community at Hack4Equality.com
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 2 MM active daily users in 192 countries around the world. We're constantly pivoting as a company; since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks, stock options, and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people. Check us out online at www.grindr.com/labs
The Senior SDET Engineer is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks in addition to creating, implementing, and automating testing in support of software test requirements. The Senior SDET Engineer works with QA Engineers and QA Analysts to develop, maintain, and enhance the test automation framework and automation infrastructure.
In addition, the Senior SDET Engineer will execute and report on planned tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop new test automation solutions as needed.
The Senior SDET Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set.
- Coach and mentor QA Engineers and QA Analysts in execution of testing efforts
- Coordinate the work efforts of Engineers and Analysts in the execution of testing efforts
- Lead effort to review product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies and detailed test plans and test architectures
- Lead formal reviews of test plans, designs and requirements documents with cross-functional teams
- Accurately predict the amount of effort required for projects and tasks.
- Develop plans and schedules based on these predictions
- Architect, implement and manage automated suites of black-box, white-box test and load test scripts
- Identify product issues and write detailed bug reports during the product development cycle
- Communicate and coordinate with peers and senior level individuals in cross-functional groups to articulate and compare alternative testing approaches
- Lead defect management and maintenance.
- Lead documentation reviews during product release cycle to ensure quality and comprehensive product documentation
- Lead monitoring of test execution across multiple code branches and multiple platforms
- Research, Develop and/or Recommend tools to assist QA Engineers and QA Analysts in test planning, execution and reporting
- Utilize tools such as code coverage tools to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a SDET role
- Fluent in object-oriented programming with minimum 3 years of use of OO languages (C++, Java, C#) for development or QA purposes
- Experience testing complex, multi-threaded, and multi-component products
- Experience with API testing or integration
- Experience with load and performance test frameworks and tools such as: Gatling, JMeter
- Experience with mobile testing using mobile test frameworks and services such as: Appium, AWS Device Farm
- Experience with web automated testing using frameworks such as: Selenium Webdriver
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Comfortable building and maintaining test frameworks from scratch using tools such as: Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Calabash
- Innovative, analytical approach to solving complex test problems and performing troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of SDET/QA methodology & Software development processes (Agile , Scrum)
- Track record of leading complex test projects in a hands-on way and mentoring others in test automation design and implementation
- Extensive experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability and end-to-end testing
- Strong ability to work in fast-paced environment and ability to multitask with ease is essential to the success of this position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage for medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.