We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
What we need
We are now mid-way through building a new modern microservices architecture-based platform. Using cutting edge technologies and different languages (React, Next JS, GraphQL, AWS ECS, Lambdas, Java 11 and Swift for iOS to name a few), over the last 12 months we’ve launched new mobile first & native app checkouts and an Android app, delivered a new search function and replatformed a new modern basket service, and are now in the process of moving all of our services to AWS Elastic Container Service.
But there’s still lots to do. With a focus on learning, development, best practices, agile ways of working and team autonomy, we’re looking to grow our strong internal tech team even further. Which is where you come in…..
We are building our brand new QA function to support Engineering and QA best practice, and you will be working with one of our amazing scrum teams to deliver on our company objectives. We are looking for QA to support our Web teams, Product Information Management and our Commerce and Discovery teams.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Working as a QA within an empowered cross-functional team, driving quality objectives and maintaining quality code; predominantly automated testing
- Working to improve testing scope and coverage, refine user stories, prevent and find defects
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining and improving our testing architecture and implementing best practice
- Designing, building and testing systems which are performant and secure
- Defining data requirements for testing across environments
- Providing support for other team members by applying test best practice, including code reviews, pairing and mentoring
- Be part of our success and make a difference!
Some key skills and experience you’ll need
- First and foremost you will be an experienced QA with a desire to support teams in preventing defects and controlling the quality of our systems
- You will have a solid understanding of the Testing Pyramid and how to design and develop bottom up testing from Unit through to System testing
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks
- Ability to coach and mentor other QA/Software Engineers in testing principles and practise, including pair programming and formalised exploratory testing
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- Champion of modern development and QA practices and tools including, Pair Programming, Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Source Control with Git, test-first/fail-fast, TestCafe, BrowserStack, JMeter, DataDog
- BDD/TDD, functional programming and experience with agile development methodologies
- BackEnd roles: Java, REST, Ruby (nice to have), Cloud tech (preferably AWS)
- Previous e-commerce experience would be beneficial, but not required
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!