We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Senior Security Engineer, Enterprise Infrastructure, you will be responsible for enabling visibility across enterprise environments, deploying and managing commercial security tools, building integrations, automation and custom tool to bridge gaps.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the engineering, infrastructure, network operations, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure enterprise architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Develop monitoring capabilities that enable continuous asset inventory and posture assessment across the enterprise.
- Design, implement, and manage network security controls (firewall, VPN, 802.1x, proxies, wireless, zero trust) in partnership with Network Operations that ensure secure and scalable global network architectures.
- Develop and implement a platform (SIEM, SOAR, etc) that consolidates visibility of all security technology outputs to enable continuous monitoring, incident detection, analysis, forensic artifact collection, containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Design, implement, and maintain services that enable robust Identity and Access Management capabilities across the enterprise while reducing user friction.
- Deploy and manage secret and privileged access management technologies to enable secure access, application of least privilege principle and accountability for change/configuration management.
- Develop system hardening and secure configuration standards for server and client endpoints, including Linux, MacOS, and Windows.
- Evaluate, implement, and administer endpoint security solutions that enable protection, detection, response and recovery capabilities (anti-malware, EDR, forensics, email and web security).
- Deploy and administer data protection technologies (DLP, IRM) to protect sensitive company information from intentional or accidental disclosure.
- Participate in security incident response, red team and penetration testing exercises, bug bounty response, and audit support.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and newsletter items for communicating with management and teams across the company.
- Create a culture of transparency, information sharing, and collaboration through the development of excellent documentation, mentoring of junior team members, and living Flexport’s values.
What you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 5+ years of security experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 3+ years of experience with SIEM and security orchestration technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with endpoint, web, and email protection technologies.
- 2+ years of experience with IAM solutions, designing effective access controls, and building integrations.
- Experience with Zero Trust Architecture, as well as traditional network perimeter controls, such as firewall and VPN.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with DevOps and SaaS environments.
- Experience with major IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms and best practices for monitoring and securing such environments.
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.