Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s first Senior Security Engineer, you will spearhead the reverse engineering and analysis of mobile applications for the engineering team. Working closely with top stakeholders, this role will be pivotal in furthering Smartcar’s developments in reverse engineering by supporting tooling, documentation, and more.
This role is remote within the United States. We'd love for you to join us!
- Create and maintain Frida scripts and other related tools for reverse engineering Android and iOS applications (native and non-native frameworks).
- Create and maintain documentation and instructions for reverse engineering processes
- Analyze network traffic patterns from mobile/web applications using tools like Charles Proxy, MITM, Burp Suite, Chrome Dev Tools and Wireshark
- Coach and mentor new and existing engineers
Who You Are
- 5 - 10 years of experience with security analysis of Android and iOS applications
- You have a deep understanding of TLS
- Experienced with using Frida on Android
- Strong documentation, writing, and communication skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experienced with IDA, Radare, and/or Ghidra
- Familiarity with protocols such as WebSockets, MQTT, etc.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $150,000 - $195,000
- Remote work within the United States
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- You are free to work standard work hours for your time zone.
One important note: Most of the team is based on the west coast therefore please expect to be available between the hours of 9AM and 4PM PT for outreach or meetings. We will do our best to ensure meetings are not late in your evening, but will not always be able to do so
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.