We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
ApplyProof is an industry-leading solution that’s powered by the knowledge, resources, and expertise of ApplyBoard. As a stand-alone platform, ApplyProof builds a trusted platform among students, institutions, and immigration stakeholders using cutting edge technology. Created in partnership with colleges, institutions, and universities across Canada, the ApplyProof system enables immigration stakeholders and schools to validate document authenticity by providing access to the digitally signed document securely by ApplyProof. You’re someone who craves building new products. Better yet, the idea of building something that’s never been done before fuels your creativity. Knowing deep down that your work will be a part of changing the world gets your adrenaline rushing.
Ultimately, you will help us build products that efficiently bring trust to the international education ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our growing Engineering Team and take our company and platform to the next level! The Site Reliability Engineer will join our growing engineering team building a cloud-native platform. This role will have great communication skills working in close collaboration with Software Engineers, DevOps and business stakeholders to provide application solutions. They will evaluate the product owner's backlog of requirements to design and develop business solutions using Agile methodology. This role requires knowledge and experience in AWS best practices to participate in the selection of the most appropriate design, process and method to meet the enterprise and business needs.
What you will be doing every day:
- Build and develop infrastructure as a code in Dev, UAT, Production environments
- System administration of multiple virtual/cloud environments and dedicated self-hosted environments
- Implement ETL pipelines as required by different products.
- Support, fix and update existing applications to improve efficiency and support the growth of extensive software systems.
- Perform continuous monitoring and analyzing the logs and metrics for the uptime and performance of the various data systems
- Lead test automation and load testing deliverables within the team
- Work with the development team to support, setup and configure environments
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years experience in DevOps or SRE
- 3+ years experience in programming languages such as Python
- Experience with configuration management technologies (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Code Pipeline)
- Experience developing, deploying and operating applications in AWS
- Experience working with Git
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code
- Experience with Docker and clustering services such as Kubernetes or AWS ECS, AWS Lambda, SQS, SNS, EC2
- Having a full understanding of networking, VPC TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, Load balancers, CDN
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- AWS, Glue, Data Pipeline, Docker, Kubernetes, New Relic
- Jenkins, CodeBuild, Terraform, Helm Charts
- Microservices, RESTful APIs, JSON, Kafka
- AWS Certifications including “AWS Certified Solutions Architect”
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 900 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.