Our aim as a company is to continue building our product and expand our share of the equity fundraising market. In engineering, we're building a secure, scalable and robust system that powers one of the world’s largest equity crowdfunding platforms, so reliability is crucial. You will be joining our engineering team with the aim of continuously improving our platform and coaching and enabling the rest of the engineering team to deliver high-quality products with minimal platform downtime.
We hire for good judgement and trust you to contribute to discussions and decisions that determine what is being built and how.
Lead on the following and implement best practice across a multitude of areas:
• Ensure safety, predictability, repeatability and auditability of all build and deploy processes
• Enabling ownership by platform and application engineers of tech-specific build plans
• Enabling maximum velocity without violating service level objectives
• Change management and delivery pipeline into production
• Monitoring, alerting, SLO tracking
• To proactively manage the delivery of service level objectives
• Detection / early warning / self-heal
• On-call management
• Facilitate emergency/incident response for 24/7/365 global offering
• Create, maintain and test for recovery (backup & restore, infra automation etc.)
• Provisioning / automating deployment infrastructure
• Demand forecasting and capacity management
• Efficiency and cost management
• Performance and scalability of the services
• Ownership of some cross-cutting implementation like logs/metrics infrastructure
• Automation of security checks
Working with 3rd parties to negotiate and implement monitoring and metrics solutions
The ideal candidate will some or all of:
You will also be:
An excellent communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence both technical and non-technical audiences
Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding
Willing and able to take leadership and mentor/lead more junior dev-ops engineers as required
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, a take-home code task, and a half-day on-site interview. There aren’t any trick questions and the coding task has been set based on projects the team has actually worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.