Senior Social Media Editor
Eater is looking for a social media enthusiast and creative thinker to drive our growth across existing and new social media platforms. Are you excited about the potential of snapchat, instagram stories, facebook live, newsletters, and whatever new platform is on the horizon? Do you love restaurants and nightlife and drinks and food and chefs and high quality journalism centered on those things? Do you want to work at a company that gives a damn? Then please join us!
About the role
- You’ll take the lead in exploring new opportunities and figuring out whether new and emerging platforms make strategic sense for Eater to expand into
- You’ll stay on top of developing trends, best practices, and organizational shifts on existing platforms, particularly Facebook and Twitter, and be able to interpret and relay these to the Eater team
- You’ll keep an eye on what our competitors are up to, and spot new opportunities for us to capitalize on
- You’ll write and post updates to Eater.com's social media accounts, including Facebook, and Twitter
- You’ll work with our writers and editors to brainstorm search-optimized and social-friendly headlines
- You’ll provide social media support to cross-departmental projects such as the Eater Gift Guide or Eater Awards
- You’ll work with Eater's city sites to share best practices
- You’ll work with the engagement teams at other Vox Media sites to share best practices
- You have 3 - 5 years of social media experience, with success in building new audiences and doing so quickly
- You haven’t met a social media platform you don’t like and are fluent in the ways of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- You can identify new opportunities and aren’t afraid to try new things, and you aren’t afraid to fail
- You can write sharp and compelling copy for various social platforms, and understand how tone and content can be adapted for different audiences
- You have a good understanding of SEO, particularly as it relates to headlines and editorial best practices
- You understand how to use data to measure success and are familiar with Facebook insights, Twitter analytics, and Google Analytics, amongst others
- You’re able to manage your own workload effectively, including quick turnaround requests and longer term projects
Eater is part of the larger Vox Media team, which is a technology-driven media company solving the problem of developing high-value digital journalism, storytelling, and brand advertising at scale — and empowering the most talented web voices and their audiences. We develop the highest quality content, conversations, and applications for a monthly audience of over 150 million passionate people around the world.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.