INGENIA | Talent Solutions has been retained to assist Mapro USA on the search & selection of Senior Software Developer (LabVIEW), based in Saginaw, MI
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WORKING FOR MAPRO
Founded in 1998 by a group of engineers, Mapro (www.maprotest.com) is an engineering company focuses on the design and manufacture of Test Equipment and Assembly Lines for the leading automotive component manufacturers (Tier 1) and other industrial sectors. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (LabVIEW) based in Saginaw, MI developing, validating and setting up Mapro’s software
Mapro’s product portfolio covers three different spaces:
· Test technologies in the automotive industry
· Tailor-made solutions to solve assembly processes
· Development and application of standard products
Why you should consider Mapro?
· Research and development are a critical part of Mapro’s activities, with 60% of the team in the engineering department
· Mapro counts on strategic alliances to be at the forefront of innovation
· Mapro fosters collaboration, communication and trust to achieve challenging goals and develop your career
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Overall: Based in Saginaw, MI and reporting to the Software Team Leader, you will be responsible for developing, validating and setting up Mapro’s software. Going more granular, you will…
- Analyze customer specs.
- Develop the software according to the specs and timing.
- Apply defined procedures and standards.
- Assure software functionally, quality and robustness.
- Perform Software Validation prior to Machine Debug.
- Perform Machine Debug phase & MQ1 ensuring machine robustness and reliability.
- Perform final validation (MQ2)
- Prepare Project Lessons learnt report.
- Prepare documentation prior to MQ1 approval
- Travel to customer plant for machine installation and
- Participate on Customer Training
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years developing software applications for the Automotive industry or similar
- Test Equipment programming (Data Acquisition, Data Processing, Vehicle communication buses).
- LabVIEW programing
- National Instruments hardware
- PLCs (Siemens/ AllenBradley)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Telecommunications) OR experience in similar work place developing software for the automotive industry or similar sector
- Automobile communications buses.
- Read and understand electrical diagrams
- LabView programing
- National Instruments hardware
People & Relationships
- Communicative - communicates openly with others; can maintain relationships, prefers working in a team
- Consultative - good listener and an agreeable person; consults with others; tolerant of different perspectives and opinions
Tasks & Projects
- Analytical - An analytical problem-solver, with relevant information at their fingertips; able to see pros and cons; good at working with numbers and handling statistics
- Conscientious - Conscientiously follows rules set down for their work, honors any promises, deadline or commitments made; handles multiple tasks; believes in ethics and values
Drives & Emotions
- Decisive & Action oriented - Has a high level of energy and stamina; gets things done; makes rapid decisions even when short of information; enjoys risk and a fast pace of work
- Achievement-oriented - Motivated by achievement, with a high ambition to succeed; thrives on competition
OTHER RELEVANT TRAITS
- Seeking & Embracing Change - Seeks ways to challenge the status quo; willingness to embrace changes positively and openly
- Learning & Improving - Focus on learning new ways of working and improving approaches to meet goals. Learns from feedback and experience
- Collaborating with Others - Orientation towards collaborating effectively to achieve goals. Recognizes the importance of consulting with others, harnessing the views of the wider team