This position is full-time based out of our office in Seville or remotely. Want more insight on what it's like to be a part of a distributed team at Bitnami? Take a look at this article, written by our own Director of Engineering, Victor Tuson Palau.
Bitnami’s mission is to bring awesome software to everyone. Every month, 1MM+ developers come to our site to download and launch their favorite language runtimes and applications across all major public clouds and container platforms, including AWS, Google, Azure, VMware and Docker.
If you love the idea of wielding awesome power through automation, keep reading. Can you envision creating a set of tools that can transform source code through a series of logical steps until it reaches the user as containers, VMs, Kubernetes and Helm Charts, Docker Compose files and any other format? Joining the Bitnami Tools team you can make that vision a reality. Are you passionate about designing a tool that does one thing and does it well, and thinking deeply about inputs and outputs? Do you live to write solid code that is readable and a delight to modify?
We’re small, fast, innovative, and bursting at the seams with people passionate about cloud technologies. We’re growing at a rapid pace and seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and lively individuals to join us. In return, we offer a fun but hard-working environment, where you can instantly see your contribution to the company’s success.
Our Ideal Addition to The Team
- Can provide technical leadership for the suite of Bitnami tools that shepard source code from upstream repositories into useful and usable software for Bitnami’s cloud developer users
- Is always thinking about the testability of their code, and is passionate about test automation and CI/CD for their code
- Enjoys mentoring engineers and is always seeking to improve their mentoring strategy
- Tries hard to be easy to work with and has a great work ethic
- Is naturally inclined to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Constantly seeks to refine overall software architecture and drive improvements
- Maintains a healthy interest in collaborating with Open Source projects
- Would enjoy representing Bitnami to customers, communities, and the wider engineering community
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design
- 4+ years of development experience
- Linux experience; must be intimate with Linux distributions and packaging
- Cloud experience; comfortable designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCE)
- Prior exposure to container technology (Docker, Kubernetes), container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud
- Proven ability to implement automated tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong familiarity with Agile development
- Past experience managing relationships with software vendors is a plus
Bitnami is a globally-distributed software company, headquartered in San Francisco. With team members in over 10 countries, we've created an incredibly enjoyable and productive distributed environment. We are a bootstrapped, profitable, high-growth company with a high-energy and passionate team.
Learn more about us and what it's like to work at Bitnami by visiting the About Us
pages on our website.
Bitnami is an equal opportunity employer.