- We've already built some great software, but we've got big plans and need your help.
- Help user navigate through thousands of rental options and pick the perfect listing for them.
- Explore and implement new technologies; if there is a better tool out there, we'll use it.
- Make something people want.
What are examples of work that Senior Software Engineers have done at ABODO?
- Scale our infrastructure to handle thousands of monthly users searching through millions of apartments
- Measure and report landlord response rates and time to encourage faster responses
- Aggregate publicly available data from around the web to help renters explore the areas around their perfect place
- Research and implement solutions for processing millions of background jobs such as photo processing and importing
- Implement a hybrid database design combing MySQL and NoSQL leveraging key advantages
- You have an unquenchable desire to help ABODO be the best apartment marketplace in the world
- You have a never-ending desire to grow and learn
- You’re extremely proud of what you’ve shipped
- You enjoy working in a comfortable, collaborative, empathetic environment
- You're willing to help others and want them to succeed
- You have 2+ years experience delivering scalable web apps
Perks of Working for ABODO
- Flexible schedules
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment
- The rare opportunity to build a product used by millions
- Open vacation policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Subsidized conference attendance
- Continuting education oppertunities
- Free coffee, soda, and snacks
- Games, fun, parties & more
We’re a passionate, 25-member team, that spend most our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We work out of the original offices of ‘The Onion’ in downtown Madison, a pet-friendly office where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
When we’re not working, you’ll find us at the Echo Tap across the street (‘Conference Room E’ as it’s known internally), on the volleyball court for our weekly company game, or at Badger sporting events.
Ultimately, what ABODO offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.