We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
ApplyProof is an industry-leading solution that’s powered by ApplyBoard. As a stand-alone platform, ApplyProof builds trust in documents for students, institutions, and immigration stakeholders. Created in partnership with colleges, institutions, and universities across Canada, the ApplyProof system enables immigration stakeholders to validate document authenticity by providing access to the digital original held securely by ApplyProof. You’re someone who craves building new products. Better yet, the idea of building something that’s never been done before fuels your creativity. Knowing deep down that your work will be a part of changing the world gets your adrenaline rushing.
Ultimately, you will help us build products that efficiently bring trust to the international education ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Team and take our company and platform to the next level! The Senior Software Engineer will join our growing Engineering Team in order to design and develop frontend and backend services to be used by our clients and partners running in the cloud.
This role will have great communication skills working in close collaboration with DevOps and business stakeholders to provide application solutions. They will evaluate the product owner's backlog of requirements to design and develop business solutions using Agile methodology. This role requires knowledge and experience in API best practices to participate in the selection of the most appropriate design, process and method to meet the enterprise and business needs.
- Apply agile development principles to develop versatile code
- Design, Build support new applications from scratch to production
- Support, fix and update existing applications to improve efficiency and support the growth of extensive software systems
- Learn, understand and implement the concepts of Test/Behaviour Driven Development and implement high-quality code according to those concepts
- Design , build test server-side Restful APIs running in the cloud as well as modern single page front-end applications
- Have a passion to utilize and innovative technologies e.g., Docker, API-Gateway, AWS Lambda, SQS, SNS, Fargate and various cloud technologies
- Feel comfortable using and learning different database technologies like RDS, Elastic Search, MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Have a great sense of ownership, and grow in the organization.
- Design, develop, deploy AWS pipeline for CICD process utilizing cloud formation, CDK, terraform
- Having a great written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree or above in computer science or equivalent
- Fluency in Object-Oriented Design and software design patterns: understanding common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Fluent in one or more of the popular software development languages such as (Python, Node.js, Golang) but eager to learn new languages
- Familiar with Cloud technologies specifically AWS Serverless tech stack
- Be familiar with front-end development such as ReactJs or NextJs as well as having experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Have a good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Bonus: Experience developing production-level scripting languages, CDK, ci-cd pipeline, Jenkins
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.