Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world’s most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan are looking for motivated SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, based in YORK (UK) - working in autonomous Scrum teams with an emphasis on collaboration, innovation and honesty, we’re serious about attracting the best…we have hugely complex technical problems to solve, and offer unrestricted progression, a relaxed working environment, superb packages and much more.
We look for exceptional Engineers, regardless of your language(s) of choice - smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job. In this role as a Senior Engineer, the additional ability to support, enable and mentor your team is also highly desirable.
We know how important learning and development are, so constantly invest in our Engineering team (over 300 people globally and growing by the day) with time and a dedicated budget for self-study, training, events and global conferences - ensuring that whatever you need is always available.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be part of a well-balanced, cross functional team, delivering exceptional software.
- Actively practice continuous integration and deployment and proactively contribute improvements to the way these are done
- Write tests at every level of the testing pyramid to ensure the quality of your work is good to go to production every time we build
- Be capable of working within an agile development process and are self-driven enough to thrive in an environment that promotes high levels of autonomy.
- Be driven by the customer, everything you do is to solve a problem for our users or to enable us to solve problems for users more effectively/sustainably.
- Apply your expertise across the full stack as necessary. We recognise specialisms but appreciate open minded people who will step out of their comfort zone to complete their work and expand their skill set.
- Liaise with the product owner to set expectations and define acceptance criteria
- Work on an exciting product vision which will change the way in which the world’s largest enterprises do their planning
- Good attention to detail - you will create applications which solve significant problems for our users, this drives you more so than anything
More About You:
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to craft well architected and easy to reason about applications regardless of the "tier".
- Solid toolkit of design patterns and ability to choose the right ones to apply to each problem.
- Familiarity with full stack architectural patterns such as micro-frontends, Backend for front end etc.
- Expertise writing scalable backend micro-services, bonus points if you know the JVM (Java and Kotlin mostly using Spring Boot).
- Any experience using deployment tools/technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, chef or puppet is advantageous
- Writing well thought out tests at the appropriate level, you know when it is appropriate to use TDD/BDD. Quality is extremely important and we expect it to be for our engineers too.
- The ability to coach and collaborate - you enjoy working closely with others, Pairing and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us…we're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
Our diversity and inclusion commitment
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn’t flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem
that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.