Here at Grain, you will be working on features that entail development work across multiple internal and external products. You will be required to understand and work on both front-end and back-end code. While you will be working on assigned products that you own, you may also be required to help work on other products when necessary. Leading the team from a technical standpoint is necessary and you will be required to articulate and make clear and reasonable technical decisions with the Engineering team. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving software assurances like testing and types. You will help guide and mentor the other software engineers in the team.
- Write clean, maintainable code as well as writing tests.
- Manage tasks and stakeholders.
- Sprint plan with the product team to define, design and ship new features.
- Communicate effectively within the team.
- Identify and manage bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatisation.
- Mentor and coach team members
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 6-8 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Has a strong understanding of either Rails/React or Vue framework.
- The ability to mentor and coach team members technically
- The habit of writing tests and creating assurances.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Empathy, collaborative and communicative spirit.
- Ability to learn new technologies that is required.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
Technologies we work with:
- Ruby on Rails, ReactNative, React.js, Vue.js, GraphQL, Postgresql, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, GCP
What’s in it for you:
- Work with a fast growing, at the same time, lean and mean team, to make real world impact.
- Have a lot of ownership and drive your own results and progression.
- Smart people who sweat the details and push for the highest standards.
- Training, mentorship, buddies, in-house university program to help you grow.
- Other benefits include competitive compensation package, health care, clubs, birthday leave and a lot of fun events.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume or LinkedIn profile
- Tell us about a time where you had to work on a task that seemed to be extremely challenging, and how you overcame it?
- What are your favourite projects? What motivates you?