We’re looking for a highly motivated server side developer who is knowledgeable and passionate about system architecture, API design and application security. You’re an experienced engineer who can architect a solution, present it to the team, and take it to production. You are also proud of your attention to detail, sense of ownership and the quality of your work.
What you'll do...
- Design and develop services in order to accelerate and optimize developer velocity.
- Implement standard methodologies and evangelize them across the company.
- Development of automated tooling for managing Progyny infrastructure.
- Ensure Progyny foundation technology is reliable, highly available, efficient, performant, flexible and enable innovation:
- with open source software development.
- with distributed systems and asynchronous programming
- with Linux systems and services
- with cloud providers: AWS
- one or more languages such as Java, Go, Python or similar.
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing applications for enterprise solutions. (Preferably in Python / Go)
- Experience architecting APIs and services with high performance and availability.
- Knowledgeable in trade-offs between various data storage solutions (SQL / NoSQL, etc.).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technologies such as AWS / GCP.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, software development methodologies, and principles.
- Solid understanding of common security concerns and industry standards.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Able to work collaboratively in a multi-functional team.
- Front end experience is a plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of Docker.
- You have excellent written communication, interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Familiar with the cloud native computing foundation ( Kubernetes, Prometheus, OpenTracing, gRPC)
We are a leading fertility benefits management company that combines clinical and emotional guidance, science, technology and data to provide comprehensive value-based fertility solutions for self-insured employers. Our benefit plans are designed to improve outcomes, shorten time to pregnancy and reduce total fertility-related costs. We currently support over a million lives and have over 500 clinic locations in its provider network.
Come join our mission of making any member’s dream of parenthood come truth through a healthy, timely and supported fertility journey.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Mentorship program
- Leadership and personal development programs
- Monthly training seminars
- Access and transparency from the leadership and exec team
- Family friendly benefits including: paid maternity and paternity, fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF), emergency childcare program, and parent’s group
- Monday breakfasts
- Friday lunches
- Company social events
- Our kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, drinks, and snacks
- Sit/ stand desks