Data and human connection come together in our mission to bring communities together to collaborate and solve Social Determinants of Health – a career at Signify Community (a subsidiary of Signify Health) is a career with purpose. Our employees are empathic, passionate, confident, innovative change agents who aren’t afraid to take risks and also have fun.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will report to the VP of Engineering and take a leadership role in design decisions related to new and existing systems and functionality. The Senior Software Engineer works with other TAVHealth employees to make sure the products allow for successful implementations of existing and new Service Offerings. The Senior Engineer’s role is to ensure a high standard of quality for all software and operations environments.
This is a highly collaborative position requiring excellent communication and management skills. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, and you are interested in realizing Signify Community's mission to “Turn Your Town into a Team”, contact us to learn more!
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong background in OO architecture and MVC design.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with Groovy, Grails, or Java.
- Experience in Agile development.
- Expert level understanding of SQL and database operations.
- Proven ability to lead projects while clearly measuring progress.
- Strong leadership skills, enjoys collaborating with and facilitating the development of others.
- Comfortable in multiple roles, from writing quality tests to assisting in deploying, and monitoring production.Education/Licensing Requirements:
- Software Development/Management – Ability to design, write, test, debug/troubleshoot, and maintain the source code of computer programs and to manage and maintain software in an organization.
- Creativity - Demonstrates creativity and innovation in developing solutions to improve organizational, individual, and group outcomes; suggests creative options to handle situations; develops process mapping to allow customer to understand the value of the changes.
- Critical Listener - Creates lasting relationships by building rapport and trust; Listens carefully to both expressed and unexpressed needs; Implements creative solutions that are beneficial to both parties; Obtains commitment by showing the value of the product or service.
- Project Management – Establishes course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently without jeopardizing excellent service; Prioritizes tasks appropriately; able to stay focused on the task at hand; quickly able to determine roadblocks to accomplishing a goal or project; very attentive to details; asks questions to accurately document information and update records.
- Technical Prowess/SME – Ability to quickly get to know our products, processes, and business needs to a sufficient level to drive projects, improvements, and enhancements.
- Develop broad understanding of business logic and functionality of current system
- Communicate with business leaders to help translate requirements into functional specifications.
- Deliver clean and functional code in accordance with business requirements.
- Mentor junior Software Engineers.
- Leadership role in selection of appropriate technologies for new products.
- Working on a regular basis in the Austin office
- Occasional travel to San Antonio and other cities nationwide
- Frequent remote collaboration with colleagues in other cities
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys working with people to address their needs, and being a partner in achieving good health
A dynamic culture of "Freedom and Responsibility" which means:
- We believe in horizontal collaboration and not vertical chains of command
- We hire extraordinary colleagues who thrive in an environment based on our Guiding Values
- We honor and recognize when an employee exemplifies one of our Guiding Values
- Variety of health plans to meet the needs of all employees
- 401k match
- 3 day on-boarding sessions giving new hires an opportunity to meet their new colleagues and Signify Community leadership