Tradeshift is the world’s largest business commerce platform, connecting buyers, suppliers, and all their processes. Tradeshift helps businesses of every size to run more efficiently, using cloud technology to improve processes like AP automation, procurement, supplier management and working capital optimization. Businesses rely on Tradeshift to transform and digitize their supply chain relationships and processes. At Tradeshift, we want to change the way companies do electronic business together - globally. Our open platform enables third parties to build business apps, which let businesses respond to their growing business needs, now and in the future.
Our team is part of the engineering platform organization, which is responsible for enabling 3rd party developers to use Tradeshift services in their own development. This job requires you to think about how other developers will use our services, and to ensure they can make amazing stuff for Tradeshift’s users.
Our current project is focused on servicing notifications so that any event that happens on our platform can be utilized by 3rd party developers in their own applications.
What you will be doing:
- Work in a small, experienced core platform team with some of the most experienced and senior engineers in Tradeshift
- Build and maintain software with focus on the backend platform
- Challenge the status quo and ensure we are making the right technical decisions for our platform strategy
- Participate in the development cycle from requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Interact with our 3rd party developers on a regular basis to ensure we are making the right services for their needs
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure)
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You have experience with SQL based DBs, preferably PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container techs, like Docker or are interested in getting knowledge in that area
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- You are interested in problems around high-scalability and distributed systems
- It would be nice if you had some infrastructure automation tool experience with tools like puppet or Vagrant
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Culture & Perks:
Tradeshift is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is our people and how we work together. Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world.
At the center of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
• Ambitious international startup
• Career and professional development opportunities
• Flexible hours
• Fully paid mobile phone and at home internet
• Lunch and snacks cooked in-house daily with drinks
• A competitive compensation package and equity
• A wellness program including in-house activities like yoga
We are all different and we all have different needs and interests. Tradeshift strives for a great work-life balance for all employees. You will have the freedom to manage your working environment and flexible hours.
You will have the chance to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.