The YouVersion Senior Software Engineer will develop new and innovative methods of Bible engagement so even more people in countries around the world can interact with God’s Word.
God’s Word is alive. It moves in our hearts, speaks to our souls, and changes us every single day. And as our culture shifts, the ways we interact with the Bible need to grow, too. YouVersion is building new ways for everyday people to experience the uncommon message of the Gospel through technology. We want to work alongside people like you—dreamers, innovators, and sold-out Christ-followers—to accomplish things that have never been done before, all because we believe wholeheartedly in the life-giving power of His Word.
The YouVersion Senior Software Engineer will work to find solutions to many challenging, abstract problems. We’re looking for someone with leadership potential who is tuned in to current and emerging industry trends and passionate about new technology, research, and innovation. If you’re looking to dedicate your life to something that will make a difference on a global scale, keep reading.
- Passionate about the global effect of Bible engagement
- Excited by learning new methodologies and systems
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team be successful
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting deadlines, and the iterative design process
- Fluent in one or more software languages with a strong foundation in computer science
- A skilled navigator of data structures, algorithms, and general software design principles
- Able to drive a project from a simple idea to the finished product
- Quickly prototype new app and feature ideas that make effective use of new technologies and platforms are at the forefront of technology
- Build back-end applications and features
- Collaborate with team members representing product, design, web development, and product marketing
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- Operate quickly, learn from failures, and iterate during the process from communicating ideas to proof of concept
- 5+ years of experience in programming and serving in a lead role
- Experience with Git, Java, Python, Objective-C/Swift, Cocoa, and/or Android SDK
- Deep understanding of interactive application development paradigms and commonly used patterns
- Skill in client/server architecture and integrated mobile applications, REST
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products
- Published one or more applications in the App Store or Google Play Store, or experience building web-based SaaS products
- Passion for the end-to-end user experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills to drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
- A background in mentoring and a desire to elevate others
The cherry on top:
- Be part of a team that cares about you, your personal growth, and professional development
This position is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, Oklahoma. We encourage you to submit examples of your work.