We're looking to grow our team with experienced Senior Engineers who will be able to help us grow, improve and scale our marketing automation platform. As Autopilot continue to rapidly grow in popularity we want to add senior engineers who care capable of taking us to the next level of features, performance and stability.
Today our systems deal with millions of marketing automation events everyday, across a large cluster of servers which provide a variety of services. We primarily are Node.js based and use a combination of CouchDB, MongoDB and Redis on the backend to store and process data.
We integrate with a variety of web APIs, have modular architecture and a platform which is stable and relied upon by thousands of customers. Our goal is to grow into hundreds of thousands of customer and to do that, our system needs to grow too.
Working with Autopilot is your chance to work on a large system and contribute in a meaningful way. Bringing in your own style and approach to the role is something we welcome and encourage. Our current team works very hard together and has a very close-knit and collaborative approach. The core team has been working together for 4 years (some up to 8!).
Everyone on the team has a combined vision of how Autopilot should grow and develop and are willing to work hard to make their areas of the system adhere to that vision. We feel very privileged to have found ourselves such a talented and passionate team, and we welcome you to come and meet the founders, team and see and feel that for yourself.
To become apart of this, your responsibilities would include:
- Learn and understand the entire Autopilot codebase and the system architecture
- Implement new key system features
- Work on our API and SDK to add features for our growing developer base
- Develop best of breed integrations with external systems to provide examples and inspiration to our developer community, as well as valued functionality for our customers.
- Help with improving our system architecture and use your own experience to improve our existing system
- Mentor junior developers
- Contribute to our developer community
- Has worked with document-based databases such as CouchDB or MongoDB
- Linux/Unix server deployment and admin experience
- Node.js or modern web scripting language experience
- Demonstrable proof of significant contributions in previous engineering team
- API and systems architecture experience is a bonus
Perks of being an Autopilot-er
- Join an international team (San Francisco and Sydney) of passionate and fun Autopilot-ers
- Competitive salary: never worry about splurging to buy the latest iPhone
- Equity: every Autopilot-er has the chance to own a stake in Autopilot
- Downtime and flexibility: flexible hours, generous paid time off and the option to work from home
- The best setup: select your own computer, monitor, sit/stand desk, comfy chairand anything else you need to do your best work
- Growth and training: we are growing fast, like really fast. Grow your career, continue learning and have the opportunity to be promoted from within as we scale
Autopilot is on a mission to help marketers create remarkable customer journeys and drive revenue. Our visual canvas interface includes automation features for acquiring, nurturing and growing customers, while the platform connects with Salesforce, Slack, Segment, Twilio, and 500+ other apps. Autopilot helps customers like Lyft, Mixpanel, Dolby, Freshdesk, LiveChat, and thousands more to gain a centralized view their contacts, and personalize real-time messaging and lifecycle content nurturing across online, offline, and mobile channels.
Founded in 2012, Autopilot is based in San Francisco and has raised $20.5M in venture funding. Backers include Salesforce Ventures, Rembrandt Venture Partners, Stage One Capital, Southern Cross Venture Partners, Blackbird Ventures, Tim Draper, and Terry Garnett.