About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
You'll be building scalable internal services and public APIs that allows others to interface with the Rocket Lawyer platform. You'll be responsible for designing and managing the way data flows through the Rocket Lawyer platform, and making sure the system behaves as expected. We're expanding throughout Europe, and we're looking for brilliant engineers to help us with our global expansion.
- You enjoy, and are great at, figuring out what the product should do—not just how the implementation should work
- Creative. You'll spend the majority of your time building robust frameworks, designing the right abstractions so everyone else can use the abstraction safely, and writing code in a way that anticipates its own bugs and fails, safely.
- You are well-versed and have significant platform engineering experience in high-growth technology environments
A Day in the Life
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of the service platform
- Write high throughput code in the right open-source language
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their requirements
- Operate in a small, fast-paced startup
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in high-growth technology environments
- Strong command of Java and OO design and principles
- Strong command of data modeling and relational databases (postGres, mysql)
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services/APIs
- Experience with standard Java 8 frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot
- Practiced test-driven development utilizing unit testing frameworks and automated testing tools
- Experience working in an agile/iterative environmentExperience with git
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, thorough and organized
- Demonstrated success working with small, collaborative cross-functional teams
Nice to have
- Experience with software globalization, internationalization and localization
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and HBase
- Familiarity with Jenkins and Chef