Mobcrush is a mobile game live streaming platform and community. Our mission is to connect the world's billion+ gamers.
We are looking for a senior backend engineer to join our growing team. Experience with Node is not required, but an interest in working with Node.js is. This person must be a self-starter who is comfortable with the demands of building, evolving and maintaining a stable high-availability infrastructure.
- More than 4 years experience in a software development role
- Excellent software architecture skills and a passion for maintainable, organized code
- Experienced with AWS, EC3, S3, RDS, CloudFront/CDNs
- Expert with Linux, Ubuntu/Debian (BASH scripting a plus)
- Experience with REST-based Web Service API implementation
- Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL (or similar) Query Tuning
- Strong experience in designing and implementing highly-scalable architecture
- Masters/Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with ffmpeg and video transcoding formats and systems
- Passionate about core gaming and mobile games
Challenges we are Tackling
- Big data storage, search, processing
- Services that scale to TBs of data and millions of requests per day
- Building for the fragility of cloud and distributed services
- Porting from MongoDB to PostgreSQL
- Building a socket based architecture for our viewing clients
- Automated test systems, at scale, in the cloud
- Develop for all aspects of the technology stack
- Develop software and technology solutions, solve hard problems and answer to the technical needs of both the product and development teams
- Continued evolution of automation systems both in-house and in production
- Shared responsibilities for daily production health
We have a big vision, a strong team, well-funded by top-tier investors, and passionate to create the platform and community for the billion+ gamers globally.
Interested in helping us build the next billion-user platform? If this role and our company speaks to you, we would love to hear from you.