Position: Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Job Location: Gurgaon
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
About the role:
The Senior Software Engineer will recruit and lead a team of engineers to make an in-house mission-critical technology solution encompassing payments processing, loan management, and inventory optimization processes for over 200 million transactions next year.
The key responsibilities of the role will be as follows
1. Working on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
2. Responsible to drive innovation in Software Development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
3. Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies.
4. Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
5. Mentoring and inspiring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field from premium institutes.
2. 5+ years of proven experience designing and implementing a backend application.
3. Knowledge of, at least, one modern high-level programming language.
4. Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
5. Have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products in cloud-based architectures.
6. Good understanding of technologies & tech ecosystem around application development for Internet/mobile (Devops Tech, Analytics, REST, GraphQL, gRPC, ProtoBuf, etc.)
7. Must have expertise in designing software applications from the ground-up (Knowledge of data modeling, application designing, API design, etc)
8. Must have a good understanding of Queuing Solutions (Kafka, ActiveMQ, SQS), Search Solutions (Elastic Search, Solr) and Data persistence solutions(MySQL, PSQL, Mongo, Redis, etc.)
9. Have strong OO design and implementation experience with deep knowledge of the use of web services.
10. Care about the quality of their code and delight end-users with top-notch user experience.
11. Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
Great to have:
1. Be clearly passionate about start-up-like opportunities.
2. Demonstrate strong ownership of their work and mentor junior team members.
3. Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes
4. Proven expertise in the development of high-performance high-traffic applications with a good understanding of measuring results and identifying application bottlenecks quickly.
5. Understanding of software development practices such as Agile, TDD, Testing Automation, Performance, and Load testing.
We seek to foster our team's diversity, in terms of culture and life experiences. We especially encourage women, sexual and gender minorities, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
This job has been filled or removed by Greenlight Planet.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Software Engineer - Backend job post.