Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our windows client engineering team is growing in order to execute on a brand new, secret project.
We’re looking for engineers that love solving hard technical problems related to gaming on PCs and Twitch. This project will require innovation and the ability to come up with technical solutions in new spaces.
You will also need to work with and be able to think like a game developer. We’re working with top developers to help bring new experiences to customers.
We’re using a variety of tools and languages, but much of our work will be in C++, so you’ll have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
You’ll have to write a lot of code, but should also be able to mentor engineers around you and do whatever needs to be done for the team and product initiative to succeed.
- You’ll brainstorm with designers, product managers and game developers to design new features
- You’ll work both on the front end in C++/C# and the back end in Java
- You’ll implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- You’ll identify and uphold engineering best practices
- You’ll help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- You’ll participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- You'll have opinions about the customer experience and contribute to the design of the solutions we ultimately build.
- You’ll feel responsible for the quality of the features you ship.
- You’ll push code to production several times a day if necessary.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building Windows and C++ applications
- Experience with C#
- You have strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering.
- Level up the organization around you through code reviews and engineering best practices
- Experience building consumer-facing applications
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are cementing a proven feature in maintainable and tested code.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You thrive in loosely structured environments.
- You are intellectually curious, passionate, inventive, and eager to grow.
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Experience with Java
- Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.