iboss has created the first and only Secure Cloud Gateway specifically designed to solve the challenge of securing distributed organizations. Built for the cloud, iboss leverages an elastic, node-based architecture that provides advanced security for today’s decentralized organizations and scales to meet the ever-increasing bandwidth needs of tomorrow. The iboss Secure Cloud Gateway is backed by more than 100 patents and protects over 4,000 organizations worldwide, making iboss one of the fastest growing cybersecurity companies in the world.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer C/C++, who is ready to work on the cutting edge of Cyber Security Software solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to become a core member of a rapidly growing software development team. You will possess great programming skills, have a sound understanding of engineering best practices and have the drive to deliver the very best. Additionally, you must have excellent communication skills, as you will be interfacing both with various departments internally and customers externally.
- Ability to design and develop clean maintainable solutions to new business problems in all layers of the application
- Adhere to established engineering and architectural patterns
- Work as part of a team to deliver solutions in an Agile fashion
- Ability to break down complex product requirements, providing development estimates as needed.
- Deliver high quality code that has been thoroughly tested
- 5+ years of experience developing C/C++ code in a Linux environment
- In-depth experience with OO design and proven design patterns
- Comfortable working on a Unix environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical capability, independent thinking and good decision making skills
- Must have a good sense of engineering tradeoffs, with an ability to understand the impact of software changes on extendibility, scalability, performance, and maintainability
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate, facilitate and advocate
- Experience understanding packet level TCP/IP stacks
- Experience developing high performance Linux networking libraries
- Experience using Linux networking tools
- Ability to identify and resolve performance problems in code
- Desired SkillsExperience developing with C#
- Experience developing Linux shell scripts
- Experience with crypto algorithms, ciphers, and protocols
- Health, Vision, Dental, Chiropractic - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas