At eero, we are committed to continuous product innovation and our cloud is an essential component. Our back-end services power current product features like Family Profiles (which allows parents to pause the internet for family dinner), and keep our products secure and continually improving through over-the-air software updates.
We use modern, innovative tech, but not for its own sake. Our engineers build technology that is focused on the needs of our customers, our team, and our business. We’re looking for more experienced software engineers who have built scalable, highly available, and secure systems that can help eero remain the best mesh wifi system on the market.
What you'll do:
- Build services that handle billions of requests each day from eero devices, mobile apps, and internal tools
- Collaborate with peers across engineering, product, and design to shape our product vision and build exciting end user features
- Enhance and optimize existing services to improve reliability, scalability, and flexibility
- Provide mentorship to other cloud engineers and help change development processes to increase developer productivity and project predictability.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject. Or if you’ve built amazing software despite such a degree by learning on the job or on your own, we’d love to hear about that.
- Are skilled and experienced in developing backend servers that solve significant technical challenges: scalability, latency, reliability, extensibility, or something else you’re proud of.
- Understand the full software development lifecycle, and how to find a balance between process and expediency.
- Know how to make the developers around you better through mentorship, knowledge sharing, tool building, code and design reviews, or simply modeling solid engineering practices.
- Think Scala is really cool
- Are eager to learn about the general scaling and server development landscape
eero is the gold standard for consumer WiFi and continues to build experiences that leverage connectivity to elevate life at home. We all believe deeply in what we’re doing, and, as importantly, enjoy doing it together.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.