As a member of the database operations team, is responsible for developing automate tools, central management, and data engines collector for DBA to operate and monitor 24x7 production SQL databases and Big Data systems.
- Develop automate tools, central management, and collector for team to operate and monitor production SQL and Big data systems, including enhancing and optimizing the team products.
- Providing technical assistance and troubleshooting for Big Data systems.
- Research and POC the database technology and technique to enhance managing the large volume of databases.
- Support 24x7 production Big Data systems.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or any field.
- Experience or Familiar with
- Data platforms such as SQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git or Jenkins
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or SaltStack
- Monitoring and alert tools like graphite, grafana, sensu
- Willing to learn and expand knowledge to database and Big Data systems technologies.
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work quickly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team player and able to work independently.