This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Infrastructure engineers are our authorities on implementing DevOps methodologies, building tools and services to allow application teams and others to self-service, and driving cross-team communications to ensure we ship stable and performant services. We’re looking for a driven and organized Infrastructure Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people.
Our ideal Infrastructure Engineer wants their work to make a difference and cares deeply about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the interactions people have with federal, state, and local governments.
We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services, then support other infrastructure engineers using them in production
- Build libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Work closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software design and development, architecture, operations
- Bachelor of Science in Technology or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience utilizing DevOps tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- 5+ years of experience building optimized docker containers
- 3+ year of experience programming in a high level language, such as Ruby or Python
- 1+ year of experience writing Groovy pipeline scripts for Jenkins
- Experience collaborating with other teams, adopting their goals as your own
- Familiarity with static analysis tools and other CI tools used for security and compliance
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular ECS/Fargate, CloudWatch, IAM, EC2, and S3
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing, SSH
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- A desire to expand your skills and gain experience with new tooling as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc continuously sources top talent in mission critical roles like this one.