"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own personality, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 250 million users worldwide and growing fast!
DevOps Engineers (SRE’s) at Reddit fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and he/she will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Serve as a primary point who is responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our Internet-facing services
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with operability in mind.
- Drive standardization efforts across multiple services
- Identify and lead efforts to improve automation
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3+ years of DevOps or Site Reliability experience
- Experience with Postgres, Cassandra, Memcached, AWS, or similar technologies
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network (TCP/IP), and code
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time