Thank you for your interest in this position with Fireside. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the software that comprises the Fireside21 CRM, Email, and Web products. These systems directly enable Congressional office’s to serve their constituents by providing the Representative and their staff with the technological services they need to do their jobs! You’ll have a real sense of accomplishment, knowing that the code you write is quickly put to use in mission critical applications.
About the Fireside Team
Fireside provides software-based communications solutions to Members of Congress that allow their teams to work smarter, reach further, and discover more. Every day, we help our clients foster stronger connections with their constituents. www.fireside21.com
You are a multi-tasker who can assess priorities and triage unplanned work. See technical problems as fun puzzles to solve. You are able to be creative, stand back and see the bigger picture and the root problem. At the same time, you also possess the attention to detail needed to implement a feature from design to deployment and monitoring. Take pride in your work and are driven to learn and to improve.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Play a key role in architecting and designing the Fireside system
- Maintaining a deep technical expertise in business-critical areas such as relational and non-relational databases, current generation front-end frameworks (e.g. Angular, React), and dynamic and typed programming languages (e.g. Python, C#, Java)
- Conducting research to evaluate and test emerging technology
- Understands implications (and trade-offs) of reliability, scalability, operational costs, ease of adoption by organization, recruiting, etc.
- Collaborates with other teams to coordinate development and deployment efforts
What Sets You Apart:
- Have software development experience with large scale mission critical applications. You have experience with at least one deployment strategy (e.g. blue/green).
- Well versed in secure application development best practices. You can demonstrate an understanding of cross-site scripting and how to prevent it. You have experience keeping 3rd party dependencies up to date. You can describe the relationship between HTTPS, SSL, and SSL Certificates. You have experience using hashing and encryption in software solutions.
- Stay up to date with industry trends that apply to your work environment. You kick the tires on new frameworks to understand their benefits (e.g. React, Angular, GraphQL, etc.). You follow cloud computing innovations and trends as they relate to guiding the future architecture of the Fireside system.
Fireside is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At Fireside we are passionate about making Congress work better and more efficiently, and that has propelled us to become the fastest growing software vendor on Capitol Hill. We have a fun, casual and collaborative work environment where we successfully manage over 175 clients in the House of Representatives (that’s over 1/3 of the House!). Our beautiful office is in the heart of the city, just blocks from the Capital One Arena and the National Mall.
We have the best of both worlds: we look and act a lot like a start-up (nimble, jeans-friendly, great snacks!), but we are not struggling to find product / market fit—instead we are actively solving big challenges for our customers while we continue to grow our base. That means that we have the stability of a well-established company with structure - for starters a cool office in a great location, terrific benefits - while at the same time there’s the exciting vibe of a growing company. And our team loves our signature Fireside Fun activities each month, that include happy hours, ropes courses, cooking classes, and baseball games (even during rain delays).
Fireside offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
If this job and our culture sound like what you are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Fireside values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Fireside is an EEOC employer.
Fireside uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.