Who are we? 🚀
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. We have built a fast, intuitive and automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus and what really matters: their employees. Through PayFit, employees have a dedicated access for their payslips and are able to manage efficiently their leave and expense requests. To build such a solution, we have created our own programming language: JetLang. Thanks to JetLang we were able to code Labour Code and collective agreements, and today we continue to add new features.
We have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France since 2015 and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain and the UK. More than 3500 companies such as Big Mamma, MinuteBuzz or Sellsy to name a few already trust us. Over 500 PayFiters have already joined the adventure and we have raised 95M€ to keep growing.
The team 💡
Payfit is seeking an experienced engineer to join the Foundations Tribe. We are responsible for improving and maintaining many core projects, how files are stored, retrieved and shared between Payfit users, identity and access management, validations rules and workflows to name a few. As part of the foundations tribe, engineers work on customer facing features and also are responsible of providing services (APIs, SDKs) that can be reused across the organization, so other teams at Payfit can better focus on their business domain and ship new features faster, by reducing effort on the foundational aspects of scale, security and back-up.
We are also responsible for some projects written in go, but prior knowledge is not a requirement. We value a deep understanding of complex systems architecture.
Your day to day mission ⭐
• Architect and implement shared components across the PayFit app.
• Challenge the existing practices to improve our day to day team experience.
• Collaborate with colleagues with different backgrounds (Design, Engineering, and Product) to define issues to solve and work on.
• Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across the team.
• Build a culture of technical excellence: clean code, exceptional testing, automated end-to-end testing, shadow deploys, and high observability.
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvements & ownership.
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
• 7 years of experience in software engineering
• Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- At least 2 programming langauges (Experience with TypeScript & Go is a plus)
- Queue Management (SQS, Kafka, etc...)
- Storage (MongoDB, Redis, etc...)
- Cloud Infrastructure Orchestration (AWS/EKS, Docker, Kubernetes)
What we offer ❤️
• an amazing working environment, designed for kindness and blossoming,
• an attractive remuneration package,
• an international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London),
• remote friendly policy,
• a gym inside the office and Gymlib subscription with preferential rate,
• regular team and global events,
• restaurant tickets,
• 4 weeks of paternity leave (fully covered) and 20 weeks of maternity leave (fully covered),
• Henner insurance (60% covered by PayFit),
• great coffee, fruits, snacks, foosball, MPG Teams or even team yoga classes,
• MacBooks are our standard, but we'll provide whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done!
Hiring process ⚙️
1️⃣Interview with the hiring manager.
2️⃣Pair programming session with one team member, followed by a technical conversation.
3️⃣Interview with an Architect.
4️⃣Meet the tri-force (Product Manager, Product Designer, Engineering Manager).
5️⃣Meet the tribe's Director of Engineering.
All interviews and meetings can be conducted remotely.
Want to know more about our epic team? 👀
We are looking for passionate and innovative people who want to build the next big success story with us! Do you recognise yourself in these words? Do you want to join an incredible adventure?
Tell us who you are, what you’ve done and what you're looking to achieve. We’ll be more than happy to meet you :)