Before applying, please consider the following:
* Upload your resume in English, otherwise we can't review it.
* This position can be Remote, Hybrid or any Chile office in Santiago or Viña del Mar.
We are looking for an Engineer who knows what it takes to build production-ready web and desktop applications and is excited about building the next generation of the Evernote Clients.
Who Are We
- We're the team that builds the fully-featured clients that we serve up on the web and desktop (Mac, Windows and Linux)
- We believe in collaboration—the team's effectiveness comes before the individual
- We're tight-knit: engineers, designers, PMs, and QA all work together every single day to make great software
- We love innovation, and continuously look for the best ways to tackle a problem
- We work heavily in Typescript, React and Electron.
What You've Done
- You've worked with Typescript + React to build real-world web applications with performance, scalability, and maintainability in mind. Electron experience is a plus.
- You have at least 5 years of real-world experience developing software
- You're comfortable making software design decisions and weighing in on choices that impact everything from product design to team process, from system architecture to algorithmic improvements, and from CSS details to overall user experience
- You have experience working well in a team setting. You're happy to help others out and aren't afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Characteristics that will make you successful in the role
- You enjoy and take pride in writing elegant, reliable, testable, and maintainable code
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are open to new technologies
- You love setting up goals and delivering on them
- You help and mentor those around you
- You adapt as requirements change, and believe that flexibility and implementation speed lead to a better product
- You’re comfortable breaking tasks down on your own and working across timezones
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.