About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced, passionate Senior Engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile team. As part of a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager, designer, and 3-5 software and quality engineers you will be an active partner in the design, coding, testing, and release of new features and enhancements for our growing customer base.
We are looking for a passionate full-stack software engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile team. As a part of a team consisting of a product manager, designer, software engineers and quality engineers, the full-stack software engineer is an active partner in the design, coding, testing, and release of new features and enhancements for our growing customer base.
- Passionate about software quality
- Clear and precise in face-to-face and written communication
- Curious, great at figuring out what the product should do - not just how the implementation should work
- Driven to deliver on commitments
- Practicing extreme ownership
- Responsible for the entire Software Development Life Cycle of their code including development, test, production, and subsequent fixes and improvements
- Collaborate with other teams to incorporate their requirements and manage dependencies. Have a big picture in mind and plan ahead
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Work with the Ops team on deployment and own team’s deployment pipelines
- 4+ years experience building web applications
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience designing and developing RESTful services/APIs
- Experience with standard Java 8 frameworks such as Spring and SpringBoot
- Practiced test-driven development utilizing unit and integration testing frameworks and automated testing tools
- Experience developing responsive interfaces for web and mobile
- Knowledgeable in web application security (injection, XSS, CSRF, etc.)
- Strong experience with git
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Must be proactive, self-sufficient, thorough, organized, and a team player
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker and Chef