a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with L’Oreal, LVMH, Coach, TUMI, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Bangalore, and Paris together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you'll build out our products and systems (databases to APIs to UXs). You'll help drive decisions on how best to nurture our products, mentor and grow other engineers, and build robust, reusable, and maintainable code.
what you’ll do
- Work with product managers, designers, and customer success teams to understand customer issues and design & innovate products that provide value to our customers
- Translate requirements to work streams for your team and work with the team to design, estimate, develop, and productionize features
- Be autonomous and use agile and iterative development methodologies to ship code to production several times a week
- Provide production support for customer issues and proactively work to improve operational efficiency
- Work autonomously on challenging problems and encourage transparent communication among the team
- Constantly improve quality by adopting test-driven development approaches, writing test to ship easy to maintain and scalable software, writing unit and integration tests, and raising the bar on processes and methodologies that improve reliability and performance of software
- Use your technical expertise and invest in the growth of other team members
- Choose relevant technologies to solve our technical issues and communicate and present your choices to technical executives
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations where applicable and heavily inform the technical direction of the team
- Work with technologies such as React, Angular, Java Spring, and Typescript
- Communicate proficiently and influence the team through well-written technical design documents, write-ups/thought documents, and well-synthesized feedback
what we’re looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- You are comfortable working across frontend and backend systems to build maintainable and scalable applications
- You have 3+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
- Expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Ruby, or Node.js
- You have solid experience building and integrating with REST APIs
- You have data modeling and SQL skills (Postgres, Redis, Elasticache)
- You are a driven self-starter who loves working on a dynamic team
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.