RealScout’s goal is to provide better transparency between real estate agents, home sellers and home buyers to bring efficiency to the $1 trillion residential real estate marketplace.
In San Francisco, 1 out of every 20 home buyers use RealScout with their agents to find their perfect home. In all our regional markets, our agents closed $1.5 billion in sales using RealScout over the first 8 months of 2016, which is growing rapidly as we expand across the country.
A typical week will entail:
- Leading an engineering discussion on how to implement a new feature or product
- Mentoring front-end, full-stack, and data engineers
- Converting a non-React component to React with unit and integration specs
- Scaling a daily emailer from 100k to 1m personalized sends
- Balancing business goals and engineering constraints with product managers and designers
- Deploying bite-sized improvements to production
- Experience with medium-to-large Rails applications: implementing, testing and deploying
- Familiarity with React, Redux, Flux or similar front-end libraries
- Experience with Ruby testing libraries RSpec and Capybara
- Experience collaborating in small teams spanning engineers, product and designers
Additionally, you'll be successful at RealScout if you:
- Revel in both teaching and learning from others to continually grow and improve yourself and others around you
- Appreciate differing technical, social and cultural perspectives
- Value simplicity, certainty and stability in your software and tooling over new capabilities
- Strive to work towards meaningful goals by acting on measurable results
- Enjoy working in an environment where your efforts will make a big impact
We strive to cultivate thought diversity with candor, empathy and respect. We welcome people of different backgrounds, abilities and perspectives - it’s one of our core values.
We oftentimes pair program, hold hack days every other Friday, and maintain 85% test coverage in order to maximize learning as well as enable us to act quickly on those learnings.
We're open source across the stack - Ruby on Rails, Python, ReactJS, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis and take time to give back to our community.
(For the curious, check out our team page
for a fun, short intro to everyone at RealScout.)
After you submit an application, we'll reach out to schedule an initial 20 minute conversation to answer your questions about RealScout to see if it looks like there's a good fit.
Next, it's your choice whether you'd prefer a 2 hour take-home coding exercise based on our production code or to schedule a 1 hour pairing session with one of our engineers.
Lastly, you'll visit the office to pair program with 2-3 engineers and chat with our VP of Product, CEO, and/or COO. Our hope is that by the end of the visit, you have a good idea of who you'd be working with, how we work together and what challenges we work on day to day, as well as a full understanding of our product and business.
We look forward to hearing from you!