Index Exchange is an innovative and fast-growing Canadian success story with engineering at the core of everything we do. The software you will touch handles 70+ billion complex transactions per day, 24/7/365 and impacts thousands of users across the globe.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate technical insight, who writes quality code and enjoys collaborating with other engineers to join our IX Library team. We build solutions to interesting problems- developing more efficient and optimized ways to call additional demand sources in the real-time bidding process on our platform.
Here’s What We Want:
- Problem Solvers: You are persistent when seeking answers and providing solutions to simple and complex problems.
- Collaborators: You enjoy working with other engineers when finding creative ways to solve problems. You work with them in a very friendly environment, sharing ideas and learning during the process.
- High quality: You bring a high-quality set of standards for designing, writing and testing superior and scalable code. You have a good handle in CI and CD DevOps practices.
- Resourcefulness: You show initiative and lead the search for solutions to problems independently and at the same time, you share with your colleagues. You keep searching and learning about the latest technologies for continuous growing and remain current on best practices and industry trends.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Create features using brand new cutting-edge technology (as well as improving some legacy code)
- Make use of your engineering knowledge, while you design the best way to implement a piece of code
- Maintain existing code, finding ways to enhance it’s performance, functionality, etc.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, and automate your cases
- Assess and estimate your work
- Work in a collaborative environment to design and release new features, as well as improve existing ones
- Deploy code to various environments.
You will also:
- Participate in development and architecture work groups outside your team
- Shape and maintain documents for coding practices, environment setup, system architecture, etc.
- Identify room for improvement in our engineering and non-engineering processes
Here’s What You Have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Positive attitude and ability to learn (new technologies, new ways to work)
- You are team-oriented and embrace change.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Proficiency with web development languages, schemas and frameworks, including:
- Vanilla JS / TypeScript
- Angular, or any other (React, Vue, Ember, Meteor…)
- CSS Frameworks like Bootstrap 4
- Experience using version control (Git)
Understanding and hands on experience with all aspects of developing end-to-end web applications and microservices. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, optimizing/refactoring, automated testing, and deploying of:
- RESTful APIs
- Our codebase runs on NodeJs, and some in GoLang, but we are happy to talk to engineers who are proficient in any back-end technology and willing to learn.
- Modular, extensible, reusable, maintainable, performant and testable code
- Automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Relational (MySQL or similar) and document (MongoDB or similar) DBs.
General computer science / engineering knowledge:
- Algorithms, design patterns, software architecture, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker, CI / CD pipelines, Kubernetes
- Ability to be flexible and take the initiative to learn new things fast even if you haven’t seen it before
- Agile development methodologies
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- We offer free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- The ability to work on high performing software that processes enormous data volumes
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We aren’t perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).