Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) - SEO
The “front page of the internet”, Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own front page, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 230 million users worldwide.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us make Reddit a destination for new Redditors. You will be joining a small team of engineers focusing on growth. You will have the opportunity to delve into analytics, SEO, UX improvements, A/B testing, and helping communities surface engaging content.
- Interpreting opportunities and results through data analysis (A/B testing, etc).
- Technical leadership, particularly around analysis and experimentation.
- Work closely with product and design to continually improve the user experience.
- Continually thinking through and experimenting with new opportunities for growth.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of software experience, particularly on web applications.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- A focus on driving business results.
- Empathetic and positive.
- Strong development experience in Python or another backend language.
- An experimental mindset, and interest in A/B testing specifically.
- A working understanding of website security.
- Experience or interest in big data analysis.
- Experience architecting software systems at scale.
- SEO experience.
- Creating and or maintaining A/B testing systems.
- Opportunity sizing experience (gathering data and building models to see whether a specific product test could create meaningful business value)
- An understanding of Reddit and online communities
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k with matching
- Onsite meals and snacks
- Wellness benefits and perks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
- Your very own custom Reddit alien (aka Snoo)
- A great team that you hopefully love to work with
- An opportunity to collaborate closely in product decisions
- A chance to develop your engineering, analytics and business skills