As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will build and extend project management & team communication platforms and devise intelligent systems that combine algorithms with freelance workers to automate project management, team formation, project pricing, and ultimately some aspects of software development itself. You should love working on complex problems, building elegant systems, shipping functional, performant products, and be able to build a v1 of almost anything in a weekend. You have tinkered with Go/Node, Angular/React, Docker, and Python.
As one of our founding engineers, you will own important initiatives and be treated as a true partner as we navigate exciting & uncharted business and technology challenges.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to help us build the world’s best software at scale for thousands of clients. You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about software development. The founders have built apps used by 300M users, ported video games to FPGA’s, and designed silicon lasers. You must live in the Bay Area or be willing to relocate - we'll cover moving costs. All candidates subject to background check.
We’ve built software for flying cars and robotic restaurants, shopping and travel recommendation apps, delivered lawyers, doctors, and baked goods on-demand, designed social networks for families and roommates, and powered everything from shipping fleets to EEG research and genetic testing. Join us as we reinvent software development.
• Build a platform for delivering thousands of projects at insanely high quality and with minimal variance in customer outcomes
• Innovate on ways Gigster makes software as accessible and affordable as electricity
• Build client facing interfaces that allow for a delightful experience of getting software built and abstract away the tough complexities of managing remote work
• Build Gigster facing tools that help manage work, track earnings
• Build frameworks and tools that drive up platform efficiency and developer productivity
• Focus on results and impact
• Care deeply about company mission and routinely interact with members of the fulfillment, sales, product and customer success teams
• You can solve a wide breadth of problems comfortably and in much more direct or elegant ways than most
• You are able to build impactful software and demonstrate value quickly
• You work well with a team
• You are intellectually curious
• You are able to learn new concepts and technologies very quickly
• You have strong CS fundamentals
• You may lean a little towards one end but you are very strong at both frontend and backend web development
• You have a strong level of self awareness and have a great balance between pragmatism and the desire to get things right
• You love working on valuable problems -- no matter how challenging
Gigster puts a world-class software development team in your pocket. Software is becoming an essential tool for every business with global IT spend reaching $2.3T, yet very few have easy access to quality, managed talent when they need custom software. Businesses built on software have thousands of times more leverage than businesses not built on software.
We are changing the way software is built through a symbiosis of man and machine. We believe that by being the best place to freelance we will attract and retain the best talent, and in turn will provide the best service. Gigster prides itself in having an extraordinary network of developers, designers, and project managers. Intelligent tools powered by data from thousands of past projects take our network to superhuman levels of efficiency. The increasing levels of standardization in tooling, and access to data about the software development process itself, make the creation of software ripe for automation and scale. This inspired us to found Gigster.
Gigster was founded in 2014. We’ve worked with startups & enterprises like IBM, World Bank, Airbus, Square, and Mastercard. Gigster has raised $32.5M from Andreessen-Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Greylock Partners, Bloomberg Beta and Felicis Ventures, and been covered in The Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Fortune, and Inc.
Here at Gigster we believe in the following:
• Continuously improve with data
• Relationships > transactions
• Deliver a wow experience
• Impact > hours
• Do it today
• Build more than you talk
• The best idea wins
• Be direct but nice
• Win through teamwork
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Full health, dental, and vision - we’ve got you covered
• Whatever equipment you need - you need the best stuff to build the best stuff
• Unlimited vacation - work hard but take time when you need it
• Team offsites - we’ve been to Tokyo, NYC, Disney World, and more
• Healthy snacks - raid the snack bar, you know you want to
• Catered meals at work - stay in & stay healthy
• Weekly game night - poker and speed chess are our favorites
• Sharp, motivated co-workers - work with the best in your field and others
• Life-changing work - solve real, hard problems you’ll want to brag about
At Gigster we believe that a diverse workplace means a better, more resilient, and more innovative company. We are excited to work with anyone who shares our values regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.