Twitch has over 100 million users, and the Video Infra team is responsible for building infra services and tools to help scale and manage the infrastructure that powers Twitch’s video. We’re building a number of features to make Twitch the most compelling destination for video.
We’re looking for engineers that love delighting people with incredible products and user experiences. On the infra team, you’ll work closely with our other engineering and product teams to craft engaging systems collect feedback, and iterate quickly. We value expertise in distributed systems, microservices and Devops on AWS. We are working on building an even more robust video system to scale twitch to the next level .
- Collaborate with other teams and engineers to design new features and services
- Develop APIs that will power these features for both internal and external customers
- Create, test, and document services and their operational processImplement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Experience leading engineering teams and setting technical direction
- 4+ years of experience building web services or applications at scale
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservices architectures
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, C, C++, Java, Scala
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Contributions to open source software projects- send us a link to your contributions
- You’ve built APIs/interfaces that other programmers love to use
- Hands on experience building services using Amazon Web Services
- Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life.
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week).
- Unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Monthly in-office massages.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy.
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament.
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace.
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.