Are you interested in putting an end to data breaches on the internet? 95% of all data breaches start with phishing campaigns. Here at Area 1 Security we are working to rid the internet of this attack vector by preemptively knowing what bad actors are up to.
Hunting for bad actors on the internet is an intellectual and technical challenge. We hunt at scale with high-speed web crawling, machine learning, computer vision, petabytes of data, and a global network of sensors.
All of this technology delivers a comprehensive email, network and web protection layer around each of our customers. Customers know that with Area 1 Security’s solution deployed their users won’t enable a hacker to gain a foothold that results in a breach of their systems.
Intrigued? Come and join an engineering team that builds extensible, reliable, scalable web-based, and data processing applications that our customers count on every second of the day.
WHAT YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Architect and build upon our detection pipeline, analysis, and alerting systems.
- Collaborate with other senior engineers to improve the overall system at the architectural, design, and implementation levels.
- Design and implement forward-looking portions of the system to execute a long-term product vision.
- Design and implement revisions to areas of the system to enhance key features such as performance, reliability, and scalability.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing software systems.
- Someone who enjoys security work (systems security, application security, network security, cryptography, or automated malware analysis).
- Software development expert who specializes in the design and construction of large-scale multi-tier systems using open-source technologies.
- Advanced ability to design and implement software systems in Java and Python.
- Knowledge of Kafka data pipelines required.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Detailed understanding of object-oriented design practices.
- Experience with continuous delivery environments and agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with Grafana a plus.
- Remote US candidates will be considered
- A culture you’ll love. Our #1 principle is “Work Hard and Be Kind.”
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and breakfast items.
- Quarterly performance check-ins and incentives. Great work is rewarded!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Open vacation policy and 12 corporate holidays.
- Stay healthy with our fully funded One Medical membership for you and your dependents.
- 401k plan.
- Commuter benefits.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Anniversary and performance awards.
- Pets welcome!
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To all recruitment agencies:* Area 1 Security does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Area 1 Security employees or any other company location. Area 1 Security is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.