In the race for ideas, we never want our customers to compromise the speed of innovation or the safety of their data. Code42 provides protection from insider risk by delivering fast, simple data risk detection, investigation, and response. We enable security teams to easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering an open and collaborative culture for employees.
We are proud that our insider risk management solution has been honored with a number of national awards, including Globee, IT World, Black Unicorn and Stevie Awards, as well as Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, and an Info Security PG Global Excellence Award.
If you want to work at a company that creates cutting-edge technology and has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Inc. Magazine and a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis Star Tribune, you belong at Code42. If you crave being a part of a transparent, collaborative, and learning culture where you can drive innovation and grow your career, you belong at Code42. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us thrive together. Don’t wait. #BeCode42.
Code42 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, focusing on cloud application development, to work on the heart of Code42's market-leading Insider Risk Management platform that helps world-class organizations protect intellectual property.
As an engineer at Code42 your day to day will include:
- Building and maintaining server applications and AWS native services that can perform at scale. For example, building highly available services that collect important security data from millions of endpoints.
- Debugging production issues across services to ensure reliability of high-volume data infrastructure.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to medium-size product features.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development organization.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Code reviewing your peer’s work, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Thinking, learning, collaborating, advocating, influencing, and supporting.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Typically has a bachelor's degree and 5 or more years professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Competency with Kotlin/Java or similar languages.
- Competency in object-oriented development.
- Competency with testing frameworks, eg. jUnit, Mockito.
- Experience with database technologies (RDS/Postgresql, nosql).
- Experience developing server/backend code for cloud environments.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- A passion for building systems that work well.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to peers in written and verbal form.
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Spring Boot/Spring.
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, ECS/Fargate, etc.
- Familiarity with deployment tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation.
- Have worked with agile/lean development processes.
- Experience building a SAAS product.
- Experience in large distributed cloud environments.
- Experience in the Security, Storage or IT enterprise software space.
The salary range for this role is approximately $70,000-$155,000
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development, personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, maternity/paternity leave, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in a commission or bonus plans and all receive stock options. We win together.