At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We’re hiring engineers, who are passionate about technology and education to work on our MasteryConnect product. MasteryConnect is the assessment and curriculum platform that visually tells teachers what their students know and don’t know on particular standards. This helps guide their instruction and lets them focus on what matters most: improving student learning.
Like our customers, we value a learning culture and expect our engineers to work closely with product and support to build the best possible solutions, not just write code to a spec. We put our money where our mouth is. Engineers at Instructure enjoy an annual company-wide tech conference in the Utah mountains, biweekly tech talks, and quarterly Hackweeks, all designed to encourage as much exploration and learning as possible
Who we are:
- We are full stack engineers with experience building web scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system, as well as developing web scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
- We use Ruby on Rails, ES6, Go, MySQL, Linux, and React, and our platform runs on AWS.
What you will do:
- Build, deploy, and maintain our Assessment Management System (AMS), MasteryConnect.
- Work with Amazon Web Services through tools like Terraform to provision infrastructure, reduce costs, and scale traffic.
- Write testable, performant code that can scale to tens of millions of requests per day.
- Mentor and teach other engineers, encouraging best practices and fostering code reuse.
- Work with technology stacks that includes Go, Ruby, ES6, Docker, Terraform, and React.
What we look for:
- Experience (and interest) in different languages and frameworks.
- Skilled full stack developer, or an expert back-end developer open to growing towards full stack.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Capable Communicator.
- Knowledge of, adherence to, and continuing learning of best practices.
- Ability and desire to work in an open and team-oriented environment.
- A desire to coach others on best practices, including mentorship of junior engineers.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.