Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience.
Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to be part of our Submissions team.
You will be reporting to the Submissions Team Leader solving exciting and challenging product and engineering challenges and having fun alongside fun and experienced engineers who are motivated by producing value for Lendi Group’s customers.
What you’ll be doing:
We value evidence-backed opinions and as a valued member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to play an integral part in influencing the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities of impacting architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering robust and scalable solutions.
- Actively practising a “you build it, you own it” mentality by supporting, debugging, monitoring the code you and your team built.
- Developing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines.
- Growing to be a full-stack developer, touching back-end services in NodeJS or front-end React SPAs as required.
- Collaborating with Product Manager, Designers, BAs, and others as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Working with our Product and UX teams to imagine the visual and interaction patterns appropriate for our customers.
- Communicating effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in written form.
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Mentoring less experienced engineers in your team or other parts of engineering.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer.
- Strong experience with NodeJS (we use Typescript) and associated technologies.
- Deep understanding of Microservices design patterns.
- Good understanding of event-driven systems (Kafka)
- Experience in containerization (Docker)
Experience working with AWS specifically IAM, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS
- Experience programming RESTful Services and the ability to align API contracts with other teams
- Proficient understanding of Git and source code management tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.
Benefits and perks:
- 'Flex First' - flexibility of remote working (home or office)
- We take career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- 'Awesome Days' - an extra day's leave a year to do something awesome!
- A week's additional leave after three years' service
- Heaps of social events and team-building activities
To learn more about life at Lendi check out our blog: https://www.lendi.com.au/inspire/category/life-at-lendi/
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.