As Amazon is pouring billions into its e-commerce infrastructure, independent brands are struggling to offer the same level of trust and experience to their customers.
They're now faced with a difficult choice: hop onto the Amazon train or lose customers every day.
Bigblue helps independent brands fight back. Together with companies like Stripe and Shopify, we're arming the direct-to-consumer rebellion.
powers their e-shop, Stripe
makes payment trivial, and we, Bigblue store and deliver their products around the world.
Founded in 2018 we have raised $18M and we are now more than 80 employees working from our offices in Paris, Madrid, London and remotely.
We are building a company of high performers driven by the ambition of creating a global fulfilment leader.
Our day-to-day job in the Product Team is to offer pragmatic solutions to complex problems, that empower hundreds of brands and help them thrive.
We don't settle for average and we extend excellence to everything we do, especially building our product.
Never done learning, we consistently seek progress and impact in every action.
We are opening an engineering office in Occitanie (France) and are looking for senior software engineers willing to work on software and tech solutions at scale from there. The idea is to start working remotely while we open the office, then come in a few days a month to socialize and work in person with your peers.
Come join an ambitious engineering team that is shaping a new, frictionless logistics experience.
- Own subjects from solution exploration through implementation
- Design systems that take into consideration scale and hyper-growth
- Review your peers and ensure no bug slips to production
- Improve engineering standards and development tooling
- Join in on system design conversations in product and engineering
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience doing software development (Go, Java, Scala, Python, ...) in a professional environment
- Familiarity with systems and patterns commonly utilized to create solutions at scale
- Interest and empathy to reach for magical user experiences
- Attention to detail, hold yourself and others to a high bar when writing production code
- Strong English communication and writing skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Go and/or React-Typescript specifically
- Experience with distributed systems and/or micro-services at scale
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with event-driven systems
- Compulsive software news reader (hello HN!)
- Full remote with offices nearby so you can come work in person
- Brand new offices in Paris' biggest tech hub (9th arrondissement), you can come once a month if you want.
- Innovative engineering and product culture
- Early stage well-funded company
- Founders-led company
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Note: Bigblue is written in Go (server) and React (web frontends), but language specific experience is not necessary to join.