WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your career and continuously refine your craft. To support this goal, we’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
The Senior Software Engineer, Patient Experience Job At A Glance
Join Carbon Health’s dynamic and talented engineering organization! Our engineering team provides the Carbon Health modern tech-enable health care platform that combines technology with inviting healthcare clinics designed from the ground up putting patient care first.
In this role, you will be part of an engineering team working with product, design, operations, clinicians and data science to bring a world class patient experience to Carbon patients. As a healthcare provider focused on healthcare accessibility, Carbon is committed to creating an amazing patient experience at an extremely affordable price point. Problem areas include:
*Patient App: creating a delightful, accessible mobile first and desktop friendly patient experience
*Virtual Care: connecting patients with providers, no matter where they are.Messaging: making communication between patients and providers easier and faster
*Easy, intuitive appointment booking: connecting patients with the right providers easily and quickly
*Accessibility: improving Carbon’s accessibility and availability to different populations
*Clinic technology: Build world class tools for improving communication, check-in, and wait experience for patients in clinic
What You'll Do
- Work with product, design, and data science to develop a long term patient facing roadmap
- Advance the Carbon patient facing experience including mobile, web, and clinic apps
- Build tools to provide patients a full view of their health, including interactions at Carbon and beyond
Experience & Attributes
- 4+ years of experience in full-stack product development
- Experience in React Native or React
- Experience in functional programming, preferably in Scala or Kotlin
- Familiarity in one of the strictly-typed, high-level programming languages such as: Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, C#, C++, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring world-class healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.