PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020 and are growing 3x annually, reaching 4 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2022.
As a software engineer on the data science team, you will drive business value by improving the frameworks on which we build our data science products. We have demonstrated the value of our internal data science API layer and are expanding it to host more services and address more internal use cases.
You are excited to be a part of an early-stage data science team on a mission to improve access to credit and technology in emerging markets. You are excited to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders with a range of technical backgrounds (other engineering teams, risk assessment teams, and operations teams).
- Collaborate across teams to design systems for business stakeholders to use the data science products that our team develops
- Design and productionize effective APIs
- Organize frameworks and develop processes in our codebase so that the easy and default coding style is cleanly structured
- 1+ years of engineering experience directly supporting data science with back-end software engineering, machine learning operations, and data engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience related to backend engineering work (for example as a software engineer, data engineer, or other engineering role working regularly with data)
- Professional experience developing in Python (this is a strict requirement), and comfortable in SQL
- Company-funded health, dental, and vision insurance for employee and immediate family
- Company-funded employee life and disability insurance
- 401k contribution
- Company holidays; 15 days of vacation (20 at 3rd year); unlimited sick leave
- Annual fitness benefit ($500); professional development benefit ($2000), and international travel benefit ($2000)
- Commuter benefit
- Headphone benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed