Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Services
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who can help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As an Engineering Services Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on a wide range of core internal systems, tooling and automation. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will…
work with your team to develop far reaching modules that have scalability and availability at their core
- contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services
- maintain an understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn
- work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other subsystems
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle
- provide product support to internal and external stakeholders
- work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- like solving complex challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- have a passion for DevOps
What you’ll need to be successful…
- have 5+ years of software development experience with majority spent working on Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- have hands-on experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures
- have familiarity with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code
- have some scripting experience in Bash/Python/Ruby and comfortable navigating unix/linux based operating systems
- have hands on experience with web development frameworks like Flask, Django, RoR, Sinatra
- have hands-on experience with Devops processes and tools (Jenkins), distributed configuration management systems (Ansible, Puppet) and maintaining infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- have good oral and written communication skills
Extra credit if you…
- hold AWS certifications
- have hands on experience with Docker, K8s or equivalent
- have experience with SSO/Identity management solutions
- have a mindset to automate repetitive tasks
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.