Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with Python, DevOps CI/CD and Docker expertise who can help lead our efforts for developing, maintaining, monitoring and securing our CI/CD Pipeline. As a Senior Engineer, you will be working on DevOps Continuous Integration and Delivery for a wide range of core services, tooling and automation. You will also be given the opportunity to help refactor and integrate existing architecture for greater automation.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will…
work in an agile team to develop and maintain our new CI/CD pipeline which will be used by multiple products and services at Acquia.
- utilize your experience in object oriented programming to build and integrate solutions for automation of tasks.
- help onboard our +50 services, products and components and revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services.
- maintain an understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn.
- work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other systems.
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle.
- provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
- work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- like solving complex challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- have a passion for DevOps and related automation
What you’ll need to be successful…
- BA/BS in computer science or similar
have been involved in building and operating a DevOps CI/CD Pipeline
- have done object oriented programming in a language like python
- 5+ years of DevOps and/or build, release & rollback experience including delivery to production
- have deep understanding of version control systems (Git, SVN etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- 3-5 years managing monitor and report systems, and building observability dashboards on application and server performance and scalability issues (examples: SignalFX, New Relic, or other operations monitoring tools)
- centralized logging experience with Sumologic or similar products
- understanding of security best practices
- experience with continuous delivery and integration tools: Jenkins, Github, Artifactory
experience writing build automation using Python (object oriented), Terraform, Unix Shell (bash,ksh)
- experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- developed code for extensive test coverage, performed continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment
- experience on large scale administration of Linux servers
- knowledge of AWS/GCP products like EC2 or EKS/ECS
- ability to provide after-hours support as needed for emergency or urgent situations
Extra credit if you…
- are proficient with container based products like docker and kubernetes.
- have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- are able to work in a team and be a team player
- have knowledge of Drupal, MySQL, Apache and other open source software
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.