Real Vision helps people understand the complex world of finance, business, and the global economy with real in-depth analysis by real experts through the power of its community.
The company is on a mission to democratize the very best financial intelligence for all and become the one place where everyone lives their financial lives.
This enhanced platform will offer members different learning journeys that put them in control of their finances. Members will be able to watch videos, listen to podcasts, monitor market prices, analyze markets and economies, do technical analysis, create watch lists, read and publish research, monitor their portfolios, execute trades across both Tradfi and Crypto, and contribute to a thriving hive mind community.
To help us get there, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help create scalable software solutions.
What you'll do:
- Thinking out of the box to develop innovative solutions that scale, are resilient, secure, maintainable, and elegant.
- Partner with design and product to create and evangelize a world-class B2C & B2B FinTech Platform
- Collaborate across engineering and business disciplines to meet the aggressive vision and scheduled releases.
- Individually contribute directly to software development efforts across various projects, frameworks, and test suites.
- Work with other developers to understand and assess needs for backend APIs
- Provide actively code reviews with quality / actionable comments on pull requests
- Research and experiment with the implementation of the latest technologies to address the green field development and overall development process.
- Writing clean, efficient, secure, modular, well-documented, reusable code that is easy to read and understand by other team members.
- Documenting and visually describing solutions by authoring documentation, diagrams (flowcharts, layouts, customer journeys, network diagrams, etc.), useful code comments, and wiki articles.
- 5-7 years of hands-on engineering experience with distributed architectures, microservices, and domain driven design principles
- 3 years' experience with AWS
- Extensive hands-on experience with modern tech stacks. Focused expertise with technologies such as C#, SQL, NoSQL (Dynamo DB), AWS, & containerization
- Strong test development skills with XUnit & Moq (or similar).
- You have an expert comprehension of well-architected principles like - Scalability, Reliability, Security, Modularity, Observability, Maintainability, and Extensibility. (ie. SOLID code)
- Ability to research and compare new tools and libraries, build POCs and address the implementation of common web app modules
- Experience with short release cycles, the entire software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that's been released for public consumption (D2C)
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented, and hands-on – complete tasks quickly and thoroughly.
- Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and intersersonal
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days accrued PTO a year
- US Public Holidays
- 5 sick days
- 100% covered health, dental, vision for the individual employee (with full family coverage at a heavily reduced rate)
- 4% dollar-for-dollar 401k match after 90 days
- 100% remote
- Equity grants that vest annually over 3 years. 1/3 vests each year.
- Growth Opportunities
- Real Vision All Access membership