Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
As developers at UpGuard, we immerse ourselves in the rapidly evolving and increasingly critical domain of cybersecurity. Our focus is on surfacing data in intelligent and creative ways, to deliver integrated solutions that directly impact the security posture of our global customers. With the majority of the internet scanned across multiple vectors daily, the problems of high throughput, massive concurrency and big data are daily challenges. How we meet those challenges is evident in the developers we hire.
We are growing rapidly, and looking for talented Software Engineers who are naturally drawn to simplifying complex webscale problems in order to help us keep our customers safe. We take writing highly-performant, massively-scalable software seriously.
What will you accomplish?
- Joining a small, high-performing product engineering team
- Perform green-fields development as we build out new features on the platform
- Have instant impact on the product set, with full ownership across the stack from frontend to backend, and right up to production DevOps (React, Go, Kubernetes, GCP)
- Explore an interesting, challenging domain, mastering the fundamentals of cyber security and the internet
- Do more than code - you will work with the team and our customers to drive product design and direction
- Apply agile processes, with an adaptable and non-dogmatic approach
- Enjoy a very competitive salary and a flexible, friendly remote culture
What do we need from you?
- Excellent software design and development skills. We want people that write reliable, well thought-through code, including high-quality automated tests
- Experience in building highly scalable software systems
- The ability to make pragmatic trade-offs in design and delivery
- An interest in shaping product features
- Collaboration: We are a tight-knit team that push each other to keep improving
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
What would give you an edge?
- Experience in cybersecurity. If not, you’ll just need to be willing to learn
- We use a modern stack - React, Go, and Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform - so experience in those technologies is a plus
- Experience working on a SaaS product set
- Experience working in an agile software development team
What's in it for you?
- Be a key contributor to a fast-growing SaaS platform that is used by some of the biggest and best companies on the planet
- Solve interesting technical problems, including scalability, high-availability, high-volume, and big-data processing
- Quickly see the things you build in the hands of users, as we work in short sprint cycles and release at least every fortnight
- Work closely with an engaged (and rapidly growing) user base
- Learn from and teach other great engineers
- Be surrounded by other highly talented, easygoing (non-egotistical) people
- Generous compensation package including a great base salary + equity
- Great perks including free lunches, flexible work arrangements and gym reimbursement program
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.